Last updated January 19, 2022.
This Website and all of its content is owned by Cornerstone Baptist Church (also referred to as “Cornerstone Baptist,” “Cornerstone,” “CBC Alice,” “CBC,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”) located at 1200 N. Stadium Rd., Alice, Texas, 78332. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of Cornerstone Baptist. The term “Website” refers to https://www.cbcalice.org.
Information We May Collect
Our goal in collecting information from you is to ultimately make your experience better as you use the Website. Information that we may collect when you use this website includes:
Personal information: name, address, phone number, or other means of contacting you;
- IP address (including any associated information)
- Payment information for use in processing online transactions
Any information that you voluntarily provide equates to information that you are giving us the consent to use.
How Personal Information is Collected
- Website cookies and log files
- Giving to the church (financial, materials, or time donations)
- Applying to work with Cornerstone
- Contacting us using the website, email, phone or any other means
- Third-party cookies or other digital means (see the section on “Data Collection Technologies”)
Anonymous Data Collection and Use
In order to ensure that our website delivers a high quality experience, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems on our end and to manage the Website by identifying which areas of the Website are being used the most, and to fine-tune our content for your best interest. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet. This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you, but is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services. Traffic data collection only follows your activities as you are using this website, it does not follow your activities on any other websites in any way. Anonymous traffic data may also be shared with business partners and advertisers.
Use of “Cookies”
We may use the “cookies” feature of major browsers.
You may choose to disable cookies through your own web browser’s settings. However, disabling this function may diminish your experience on our Website and some features may not work as intended.
Data Collection Technologies
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies or data collection technologies such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, Facebook Pixel, etc.
What Happens with the Information We Collect
- It may be used to contact you for following up with you, promotional purposes, troubleshooting, or informational updates.
- It may be used to help process payments online. Your personal information may be needed in order to process the payments or donations that you could potentially be making to Cornerstone Baptist.
- It may be used during targeted social media or search engine advertisements in order to promote an event, activity, or other information in a more cost-effective means.
- Viewing by others. Whenever you voluntarily provide Personal Information through the use of this Website, you have consented to that information and its content, being seen, collected, and used by others. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comment on a blog post, posting in a Facebook group that we manage, sharing details on a group coaching call, etc.).
Storage and Handling of Personal Information
Personal Information obtained by the Website is stored internally or through a data management system (also known as a church management system or ChMS). We value your safety, so your Personal Information will be accessed only by people authorized to gather, manage, or store it, or who have a legitimate need to access it (i.e., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors, team members, law enforcement, or authorized legal representatives/lawyers).
How You Can Access, Update, or Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- Request information regarding how your information is used and request a copy of what information we use;
- Restrict processing if you think the information is inaccurate, unlawful, or no longer necessary;
- Be removed from our systems, meaning we will erase your personal information from our databases (you have the right to be forgotten);
- Change your preference regarding whether you consent to our use of your information;
- Lodge a complaint if it is felt that any of your information has been unlawfully used;
- Receive Personal Data portability and transference to another controller without our hindrance;
- Object to our use of your information;
- Not be subject to an automated decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which legally or significantly affects you.